A birth doula provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to the mother before, during, and after birth. During labor, a doula’s skills are medically proven to make a true difference in the experience of birth, decreasing the need for interventions, including cesareans, and increasing maternal satisfaction.
Opting for this service will include:
- Initial consultation
- 1-2 prenatal visits to educate parents on comfort techniques, the stages of labor, and ways to manage expectations
- Discussion of hospital policies + medical interventions or home birth guidelines
- Hands-on labor support throughout the active labor and delivery process
- Emotional support, physical comfort measures, an objective viewpoint, and educated information to make informed decisions
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner, and her care providers
- Unlimited email and phone support throughout Pregnancy + Fourth Trimester
- 2 postnatal visits. First, a post-birth visit to check on the status of you and your baby and assist with newborn + breastfeeding support. Then another at 6-8 weeks postpartum to initiate postpartum healing through yoga exercises
- Your doula is on-call for 2 weeks prior to your due date
Birth Doula Support $2500
Please contact Chelsea to inquire about availability and to schedule your initial consultation.