A doula provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after the birth. During labor, a doula’s skills are medically proven to make a true difference in the experience of birth, decreasing the need for interventions, including cesareans, and increasing maternal satisfaction.
Opting for the Complete Doula service will include:
- Free initial consultation
- Discussion of hospital policies and medical interventions or home birth guidelines
- 2 prenatal visits to educate parents on comfort techniques, the stages of labor, and postnatal expectations
- One postnatal visit to check on the status of you and your baby
- Assisting the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for the birth
- FREE rental of Childbirth Education DVD Series
- Your doula is on-call for 2 weeks prior to due-date up to birth date
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor and delivery process
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decisions
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
- Allows the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level
- Unlimited email and phone support
Please contact Chelsea to inquire about availability and to schedule your initial consultation.