A doula provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and after birth. During labor, a doula’s skills are medically proven to make a true difference in the experience of birth, decreasing the need for interventions, including cesareans, and increasing maternal satisfaction.
Opting for this service will include:
- Initial consultation
- 2 prenatal visits to educate parents on comfort techniques, the stages of labor, and ways to manage expectations
- Discussion of hospital policies + medical interventions or home birth guidelines
- 2 postnatal visits. One post-delivery visit to check on the status of you and your baby, then another at 6-8 weeks postpartum to initiate postpartum healing through yoga exercises
- Unlimited email and phone support throughout Pregnancy + Fourth Trimester
- Assisting the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for the birth
- Your doula is on-call for 2 weeks prior to due-date up to delivery date
- Stays with the woman throughout the active labor and delivery process
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures, and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decisions
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
- Allows the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level
Please contact Chelsea to inquire about availability and to schedule your initial consultation.