This option does not include having a doula present on the day of birth. The goal is to provide expectant parents with the information needed to minimize your fears and help you make informed decisions. You’ll learn techniques to help you relax and be physically prepared for the day of birth, and learn about all of your birthing choices.
Opting for the Childbirth Education Class will include:
- 3 Hour Prenatal Session to educate parents on possible medical interventions, emergency situations, medical terms, and birthing options
- Discussion and practice of postures and breath techniques to help manage labor
- Yoga postures to help prepare for birth
- FREE rental of Childbirth Education DVD Series
- Assisting the couple in preparing for their birth plan
- Postpartum recovery guidelines
- Unlimited email and phone support throughout your pregnancy
- 24-Hour Labor Phone support
- Optional “in-home” labor support (Additional $125/hour – maximum 5 hours)
Classes can also be semi-private. If you have other couples who are interested in sharing the sessions for a reduced rate.
Please contact Chelsea to inquire about availability and to schedule your Childbirth Education classes.
“My husband and I hired Chelsea for childbirth education. We had waited a long time to conceive and decided we wanted few people with us during labor, and having Chelsea’s support remotely seemed like a perfect balance. She provided detailed, balanced information in a clear and direct way. She was honest about her opinions but also informed us of other research and information available so we could make our own choices. I relied on her information throughout the weeks leading up to labor, throughout delivery, and the weeks following. I believe my whole birth experience was healthier, more positive, and more supported because we had Chelsea involved. We would recommend her services to anyone. If you want or need a little extra knowledge and support through the process, get Chelsea involved in your birth!”